I am not sure if you ever heard the saying that bad things usually happen in three’s, but this week I sure feel like there might be some truth to that. In the past 7 days we have had our new dishwasher, new refrigerator and garage door all break. The dishwasher and garage door was fixable but the refrigerator is a goner. Less than two years old and the Frigidaire start button just burned up – leaving us grateful that the house didn’t burn down and a valuable lesson – You need to always find the positive in every situation.
Here is my list of attitude pick me uppers. 🙂
1. Go take a Yoga Class. Meditate and breathe.
2. Go out in nature.
3. Turn off the news/ radio / social media.
4. Play with the kids or let yourself act like a kid. PLAY!
5. Treat yourself. If you have extra cash go get a massage, mani/ pedi or facial. If extra cash is not an option ( I feel ya!) a DIY facial is fabulous or paint your nails a fun new color.
6. Change your attitude to Gratitude. Start that list of things you are grateful for. Every time I have to do the dishes and I just don’t feel like it, I remember how lucky we are to have had food to eat and water to clean.
7. Go through your closet. I know, this one is a little … different. Sometimes thinking about cleaning your closet can be such a drag, but when you think of it as a shopping trip or a chance to create new outfits it can be fun. For some reason I gain so much joy in finding old or rarely worn articles of clothes and re-imagining new outfits.
8. Move your body. Sometimes, all you have to do is dance.
9. Be creative. Bake, color, craft even organizing requires creativity.
10. Laugh. Put on a funny movie, read a funny book, hang out with people who make you laugh.